Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Learning to Crochet

I learned to crochet from one of the most important people in my life. My Grandmother taught me to crochet when I was around 11, showing me a wonderful hobby which I loved. She did not teach her daughters but she taught me, her first grandchild.
I was proud to be able to crochet to do something that this wonderful woman could do.
She was a tough teacher often grabbing my crochet piece so I could watch her do a new stitch and then have me repeat it to her satisfaction. Gram could look at a piece and create it from sight.
Now 47 years later I still crochet, I love making gifts for everyone and I am passing her legacy on to her great granddaughters. They share her talents for color and creation and I hope someday they will continue to pass on crochet to the next generation.

No comments:

Crochet Scarf Kit

Technorati